Call for applications “Support for alternative media in Lebanon”
Based on the results of a jointly conducted study on alternative media platforms in Lebanon, Maharat Foundation, the Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA/AL-JANA) and DW Akademie are launching a call for applications from independent alternative media and citizen media platforms to receive support as described below in this call.:
- Platforms based in Lebanon which produce regular content which serves the public interest
- Platforms which are independent and avoid propaganda
- Platforms which target niche audience and provide a voice to marginalized communities
- Platforms open to innovation which have the potential to grow
The participating media will be selected by a panel composed of staff from Maharat Foundation, the Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA/ Al-JANA) and DW Akademie.
Selection will be based on how well the platform meets the eligibility criteria.
Selected applicants will receive:
- Support in establishing a sustainable business model
- Support in organizational set up and management
- Support in developing editorial strategy
- Customized training and coaching in areas related to quality journalism and innovative formats
Expert consultants who have been working with AL-JANA in the area of citizen journalism and from Maharat Foundation’s DMV Lab initiative will help deliver the above support.
Interested applicants can fill out the following form by 31 March 2021.
Selection will be finalized by 23 April 2021.