The study aims at:
- Analyzing the degree to which Lebanese media institutions abide to the criteria of professional media that is based on specific, objective, and unbiased coverage when dealing with issues related to foreign workers
- Determining the space allocated to cover such issues, and the approach of each media institution
The most important indicators found in the study
The negative indicators
- From the professional side, the study showed that Lebanese media approach the issue of foreign workers in Lebanon as being a problem and in a dominant negative tone.
- From the ethical side, the Lebanese media institutions commit major mistakes like racial discrimination, hatred of foreigners, incitement on violence and stereotypes that underestimate foreign workers.
The positive indicators
- The media institutions presented in the study do not have the same behavior
- Some of them have high ethical values that made them criticize the racism of some Lebanese and Authority figures
- Others allocated a wide space for issues related to human rights and supported foreign workers